Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When I Have a Friend Name Loneliness…


Working late at night, it is almost 9.00pm. I look around the place I’m working now. A lot of empty sits. There were people sitting there awhile ago but then the owner left its chair behind. Believing that my colleagues are having fun and resting at home, spending their time with their families; how I wish I am at home watching TV now and talking to my parents.

Gazing out the window of my office, the beautiful night of Kuala Lumpur touches my heart with its lightings and scenery. I gently pat the window with my fingers, my heart snuffle with silence and peace, then, here comes a familiar visit from a friend name Mr. Loneliness.

It’s been awhile I have him around me. I don’t feel comfortable when he is around. I don’t really entertain him as he keeps cuddle and bugging me.

I look at my reflection through the window, having a sudden thought of greeting myself. How funny can this be?

In that point of time, I know that I’ll be filling with loneliness and depression. So, I close my eyes and start thinking about my friends and people who I care and those who cares for me. Familiar faces I had known for years revealing from the center of my heart, pondering the happy moments and crazy things I had done with my friends. The times when my love ones was giving me encouragement and making me feel silly; it puts a smile on my face.

I feel happy and blessed with the people I know and I thought to myself that I’m not that lonely after all.
Returning to my desk, packing my stuff and ready to leave, I turn my head for the last time to take a short view of the night scenery of Kuala Lumpur. I gently smiled and step my foot towards home along the streets of quietness and peacefulness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GAN BA TEH (^_^)

Fr: Sleepy eyes @_@(stay back 4 OT till 10pm last 9)

Anonymous said...

While reading your blog, I actually can visualize your thoughts and how you feel that very moment. However, everyone of us would normally feel this way most especially after a tiring and long day at work. But then, you should not be sad because there are lots of peopl who cares for you and love you. You are definitely not alone and you know that in your heart. When you do feel lonely, think about the good things and memories in your life. Count your blessings instead of loneliness and depression. And most importantly, be happy for the people who truly cares and loves you. Keep smiling and stay happy. You are a lot better with a happy heart inside out.

- YouKnowMe